June 21, 2010

Meow Cosmetics mineral foundation swatches

Taken in a daylight on a sunny day. Swatched on the inside of my arm which is fair, almost white in color, otherwise I'm light with yellow and olive undertones. For comparing, the last photo contains swatch of Revlon Colorstay in shade "buff" which I normally use on face.....

~ ALL IMAGES ARE CLICKABLE FOR A LARGER VIEW ~
 
indoors close to window


  
in direct sunlight


 in direct sunlight - Revlon looks really dark here, its more yellow in real life

Abyssinian1 and Korat1 match my arm, though I didn't find a perfect match for my face. I Guess I need a bit of green in the olive toned Ocicat, instead of  "olive and beige", which they put there - description from Meow website. Otherwise I can manage with Abyssinian or Korat.

9 comments:

LiisK said...

I was looking for some Meow foundation swatches and yours were the best I came across. Thank you!

LiisK said...

PS! Forgot to ask - what color would you recommend for me? I wanted to try the Olive-toned ones cause I also assumed it has some green in it, to neutralize redness. I need something yellowish-greenish gray, methinks.

Maggi said...

LiisK, I guess the lightest shade of Korat (golden beige) could be closest, Ocicat (olive beige) doesn't have yellow in it, just olive-grey, but I'd try it too.

In your case I would go for the yellow or golden undertones (as they are more common than olive/green ones) and adjust by adding a tiny bit of green corrector (I have mine from Silk Naturals - great stuff). Hope it helps :)

Maggi said...

Or lightest Abyssinian (beige yellow) might work too ...

LiisK said...

Thank you :)
I'll consider getting munchkins in the tones you suggested :)

glaciajo said...

Thanks for this. So very helpful.I still have no success with Lucy Minerals (super cakey..even though color match was great..I also used Pale Olive/Creamy Olive) so I'm curious in trying Meow. Meow Cosmetic site seems so intimidating and overwhelming. No wonder people end up ordering so many samples.

Krissy Bublitz said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kloe Bell said...

These really are the best Meow swatches! Thank you.

I refer to this post often, but was wondering what level of coverage these are? Flawless? Pampered?

Do you still use Meow?

Maggie said...

@ Kloe Bell
I'm happy they are useful. To me the coverage seemed all about medium, possibly buildable, but they feel very matte though. I don't use nor have them anymore, these were samples I had. Then I haven't ordered more. I prefer Lucy Minerals and Silk Naturals to them.