July 8, 2010

Wanna change Revlon ColorStay for mineral make up ?

If you are using Revlon ColorStay foundation and would like to move on to mineral one, I highly suggest trying Lucy Minerals! Their foundation has a comparable extra-high coverage, there are more formulas including 2 different oil-control formulas, moreover it's packed with a lot of healthy stuff - check more at their website: http://lucyminerals.com/
Here I'm copying some info:

Reasons to use Lucy Minerals :

~ Anti-aging, natural sun protection (Titanium Dioxide and Zinc Oxide)
~ Our Original Formula Foundation is infused with a highly concentrated, high ORAC Antioxidant called Apple Poly®, plus Trans-Resveratrol, Green Coffee Bean Extract, and a gentle form of Vitamin C called magnesium ascorbyl phosphate.
~ NO Parabens, Micronized Minerals, or Petroleum Products
~ Water-resistant - Holds up well in humidity
~ Zinc Oxide has anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial properties
~ Ideal for sensitive, acne-prone, or problem skin (especially rosacea)
~ Contains the ingredient Allantoin (an anti-irritant) to soothe and protect the skin
~ Natural looking coverage that allows the skin to breathe
~ Light-refractive quality that diminishes the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
~ Balances the moisture content in the skin
~ Great coverage - reduces redness in skin
~ Free from bismuth oxychloride, talc, fragrance or preservatives
~ No waxes to clog pores
~ Lightweight - feels like you are not wearing makeup
~ Hand-blended in small batches with high quality ingredients
~ Affordable - Compare our prices


Here are swatches to compare my Revlon ColorStay in shade "Buff" to the closest shades of LM :

~ ALL IMAGES ARE CLICKABLE FOR A LARGER VIEW ~ 

 
 in direct sunlight
LM foundation has a very nice finish, not completely matte like most mineral brands I have tried, but slightly glowing, reminds me of the finish of Everyday Minerals in "Original Glo" and the "Semi Matte" formula. Anyway, you can always use either a mattifying or a highlighting product on it   : )
And I like their finishing powders as well!
 Worth a try !!!!!!!!!!!!!


 

1 comment:

oleandergirl said...

Thanks so much for all the swatches! I'm just about to place my first sample order and this helps me pick the shades! :) I've tried sooo many MMU brands, from the big brands to small online brands. I'm happy with my current MMU, but the antioxidants and promise of great coverage with this brand makes it sound really different and I have to try it! I wear sand beige in Colorstay which I think is pretty close to Buff :) well I should say WORE... found out right away that it breaks me out.

I love your blog! We seem to have a lot in common (your post on why to become vegetarian reads like a list of arguments that I use to defend my vegetarian diet against unaccepting carnivores in my family. lol)