August 29, 2012

Favorite organic soaps (Part 1)

Some of my favorite organic and affordable all-over soaps that I have tried so far (in no particular order):

  • Bubble & Bee Organic (USA) - liquid and bar soaps, all great except the dried orange peel on top of some.
             mint tea, spice orange, orange 

<-Left: Unscented all over bar. Ingredients: Organic saponified oils of coconut and palm, vegetable glycerin, sorbitol, organic jojoba oil, organic sunflower oil, organic rosehip seed oil.  

Orange shower gel, totally love this!


  • Trevarno Organic (UK) - lovely round bar soaps (perfect handy shape), some with small herbs particles. They make both organic or just natural soaps.
The propolis soap on the right has been used a bit before taking this photo.
Ingredients: Sodium Olivate* (Saponified Olive Oil)
Sodium Cocoate* (Saponified Coconut Oil)
Sodium Shea Butterate* (Saponified Shea Butter)
Sodium Cocoa Butterate* (Saponified Cocoa Butter)
Olea Europaea Propolis Cera* (Propolis infused into Olive Oil)
Melaleauca Alternifolia Essential Oil* (Tea Tree Essential Oil)
Cymbopogon Citratus Essential Oil* (Lemongrass Essential Oil)
Lavandula Angustifolia Essential Oil* (Lavender Essential Oil)
Thymus Vulgaris* (Thyme powder) 
 


  • Soapmill (Romania) - love their liquid soaps, they are more liquid then usual but concentrated anyway, the pump gives a tiny amount which is enough to bubble up fast and spread easily. The solid bar soaps have bits of herbs or peels on top but the coffee bar is truly exfoliating rough with the coffee throughout. Scents are quite well noticable, especially in the liquids.

Liquid soaps are in 330 ml bottles, solid soaps have about 100g each (I measured anything from 87 to 108 grams). The coffee-cinnamon liquid soap contains coffee particles so I strained the solids out and used as a body scrub because I was worried the mass might have stuck up in the pump.




  • Neobio (Germany, available at health stores throughout Europe) - I tried a bar soap which lathers very well and feel really creamy. The soaps are small smooth squares (great shape) with no added particles. The scent is almost none.

I have a shower gel too, but haven't used it yet, so I'll update it here later if I like it  :)



  • Face Naturals (USA) - I tried the citrus liquid soap, comes sealed and with an extra pump, if you prefer, although it has a useful flip top. Fresh citrus scent. 


All these mentioned companies make lots of other cosmetic stuff, I definitely recommend to check them out and maybe give a try.

Generally I prefer liquid soaps but if I buy solids (since they are more economical and concentrated without excess packaging, and more available after all) I go for the olive soap, not the glycerine type which is too drying on skin. Best if there are saponified oils like olive and coconut, and some extra added oils or butters to fatten it up for your skin, such bar soaps appear the best to me. I just hate the scratchy things most companies add to the solid soaps, I want just a soap, not the decoration. I use them for all, body, as a hand soap, and for hair if then rinsed by apple vinegar water. Natural soaps may not lather so fast or bubble up well enough if you have "hard" tap water.

Disclosure: I purchased all the featured products myself.

1 comment:

Silvia Chindea said...

Thank you very much!

This was our first international review! :) I am hoping many more will come!

We are very happy that you love our products! We will think about making a pure and normal natural solid soap. Without any flowers or leaves or fruits in it. :)

The Coffee Taste is the most powerful and strong Soapmill solid soap, but we have other gentle soaps like Honey Dream, for example.

Anyway, thank you very much once again and see you soon!

Silvia, Soapmill.