June 9, 2013

Review: My favorite cream deodorants


Yes, my favorite type of deodorant is a cream in a jar. As natural and effective as it gets. No aluminum, no alum, no alcohol, no water, no harsh chemicals. Just oils and butters, fine clays, essential oils and sometimes baking soda in a pasty consistency inside of a handy reusable jar. The best part of it - you can add up and blend in your own ingredients! Or you can try to make your very own deodorant inspired by the ingredients of these products.

Here are my top 3 right now:

1. Face Naturals - Grapefruit & Bergamot Cream Deodorant

I adore the scent (I'm a citrus fan), has drier pasty consistency. To apply, I blend it with something oily (say body butter) to avoid crumbling. Works great.
My rating: 5/5

2. Soapwalla - Deodorant Cream

Has a kind of herbal smell (tea tree and lavender is something I dislike but it has some citrus too and the scent is just faint so it's all good).
The strongest and most powerful to keep you smell-free all day out of the three I mention here. I blend in some melted shea butter or coconut oil because by itself it tends to irritate and dry my skin.
My rating: 4/5

3. Bubble & Bee - Pit Putty Cream in Geranium Lime 

Feels more creamy and buttery comparing to the other two. I'm not a fan of geranium but I prefer this scent to the rest they have, and I have tried most (not the newest vanilla though, which could be a new fave..). The product has a fancier labeling now. Works great as well.
My rating: 4/5

No comments: